Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Everyone in my family is still celebrating from a STEELERS WIN last night. What a great game played by both teams!!

My weekend recap:

Mr. Bliss was in New Orleans for a bachelor party (lucky him), so I was on my own. Actually I wont see Mr. Bliss until Thursday night (it will be two weeks). This semester is so hard! But the reward is worth it!

I cleaned out two closets! I am very proud of my good use of time. Feels so good to throw out stuff!! I prepared all of my foods for this week, to get a jump start on a successful weight loss week! I did Fat Burn Yoga for 50 minutes and did some arm, ab and leg weight work. I am feeling the burn today!!

I saw New In Town , with my friend Amber. Cute movie! I recommend it to all Chic Movie lovers. Harry Connick, Jr. is adorable!

Sunday, I baked Mr. Bliss and his roomies chocolate chip cookies. I made them a cute box with some blue/green tissue, hot chocolate mixes and of course the cookies and mailed it this morning. So, they will all have a little surprise tomorrow. If you haven't tried Paula Deen's Three Chocolate Cookie Recipe, YOU HAVE TO! They are simply the best. I didn't want to go to the store again, so I only used one type of chocolate chip, but they turned out amazing. I have added oatmeal to this recipe and it was great. It truly is the best recipe for chocolate chip cookies I have tried!!

Here is the recipe

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
3 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup almond brickle chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
With an electric mixer, beat butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels and almond brickle chips. Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls about 3-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I keep hearing soo many great things about New in Town. I love Ms. Renee, and I can not wait to see it! I am getting sore just reading about your work out...good luck with your eating and weight loss this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm...Delicious!! Those sounds so good - I have to try them!!

    ReplyDelete